Industry & Energy News
- June 2022: Join NEFI and the state associations at NEFI’s 2022 HEAT Show this September 27-29. Click here for details.
- April 2022: Boston Globe Reports on MEMA's Opposition to New Climate Legislation
- April 2022: R.W. Beckett & Sid Harvey’s Commit to Matching 25% for Contributions to the American Energy Coalition
- March 2022: American Energy Coalition Offers Infographics on the Fallacies of Electrification
- February 2022: MEMA Helps Derail Second Attempt by Brookline to Ban Fossil Fuels
- February 2022: MEMA Summary of MA DPU Order on Mass Save Program
- February 2022: MA DPU Issues Final Order on Mass Save Program
- February 2022: MEMA Secures Extension of Hours-of-Service Regulations Through 2/27/22
- January 2022: MEMA Secures Waiver of Hours-of-Service Regulations Through 2/6/22
- January 2022: Governor Baker Officially Names All Members of the Commission on Clean Heat
- January 2022: MEMA Files Legal Reply Brief on Mass Save Rebates for Heating Oil Customers
- December 2021: MEMA Submits Final Legal Brief on Mass Save Rebates for Heating Oil Customers
- December 2021: Heating Industry to Governors: Do Not Repeat Texas's Tragedy
- November 2021: MEMA Board Member Charlie Uglietto Appointed to Clean Heat Commission by Governor Baker
- October 2021: MEMA Challenges Latest Attempt by Brookline to Ban Fossil Fuels
- September 2021: Governor Baker Creates First-in-Nation Clean Heat Commission
- August 2021: Boston Globe: Massachusetts Falls Short on Heat Pump Conversions
- August 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA's Michael Ferrante featured in Letter to Editor on clean biofuels versus heat pump technology
- July 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA's Michael Ferrante Promotes Industry in Boston Globe Opinion/Editorial on Mass Save Program
- April 2021: Boston Globe: MEMA Fights Efforts to Eliminate Mass Save Rebates
National Oilheat Research Alliance Programs (NORA)
- MEMA Launches Spring 2022 Statewide Radio Campaign
In April and May of 2022, and in the fall of 2021, 2022, MEMA created and placed a statewide radio campaign promoting the industry and Bioheat fuel. The radio commercials aired on the #1 rated radio station in the Boston market (98.5 The Sports Hub), along with a network 24 other radio stations across Massachusetts, and in CT, NH, NY, ME, RI, and VT. Go to the Bioheat Fuel page to listen to the radio spots.
- MEMA Promotes Bioheat Fuel & Supports Boston’s Emerald Necklace
Once again in 2022, MEMA supported one of the nation's oldest and most recognized national park systems, the Emerald Necklace Conservancy. MEMA purchased advertising to support the preservation and expansion of Emerald Necklace and to promote environmental stewardship. View MEMA's print ad here.
- NORA Helps MEMA Expand Energy Efficiency & Equipment Rebates
On April 19, 2022, MEMA announced the continuation of its highly successful heating equipment rebate program that is supported with NORA funds. The program has provided rebates on boilers, furnaces, and storage tanks to over 4000 heating oil customers across the state. For more information visit Discover Efficiency Massachusetts.
- Retailers Across the State Take Advantage of NORA’s Efficiency Matters Newsletter
Using its NORA funds, MEMA once again produced a ready-to-use customer newsletter – Efficiency Matters – that is free of charge to all retailers in Massachusetts. Over 200,000 copies of the Fall 2021 edition are currently in circulation.
- MEMA Uses NORA Funds to Recruit Heating Technicians
To help address the shortage of heating equipment technicians industry-wide, MEMA has partnered with CT, NH, NJ, NY, and RI to launch a recruitment program that targets students currently enrolled in technical training schools, and job-ready candidates. For more information visit Generation Next Energy Pros.